The information session of seminars and trainings in the framework of â€śThe Second Callâ€ť for Applications in the IPARD Fund, organized by its implementing partners under the EU-funded cross-border project between North Macedonia and Albania on â€śStandards and Certification of Agricultural Products, Capacity Building in Fundraising and Marketing Strategies in Supporting Economic Growth and Agribusiness Tradeâ€ť, has been concluded.
The main purpose of this event was training agribusinesses, farmers and agro-processors in Debar region to build their capacity in the absorption of funds from IPARD Programme , potentially increasing their success rate of applications for such funds.
120 agribusinesses participated in this training, 70% of whom belong to the age group of 30-40. Under the professional support and moderation of the projectâ€™s staff, the participants understood in details not only the benefits of IPARD Programme, but also how they can apply correctly and successfully in these schemes.
In addition to the application procedure and the necessary documentation throughout all its phases, a very important part of this training was the information provided on the three main measures on which “The Second Call” of IPARD Programme is focused:
- Measure 1: “Investments in fixed assets of agricultural farms”
- Measure 3: â€śInvestments in processing and trading of agricultural productsâ€ť
- Measure 7: â€śFarm diversification and business developmentâ€ť
IPA Instrument and the IPARD Programme Â
The Instrument for Pre-Accession Assistance (IPA) is the main tool of the European Union to provide financial and technical support to the enlargement countries.
This Instrument has a component of Rural Development (IPARD), which provides EU candidate countries with assistance for the implementation of multi-annual programs, contributing to the sustainable development of the agricultural sector and rural areas.
The main objectives of IPARD funds are:
- Supporting investments in the agri-food sector with an intention of improving competitiveness, meeting EU standards and respecting the standards of nature and environment protection.
- Supporting investment in rural areas, with the intention of diversifying the rural economy and creating businesses that will improve employment opportunities and social involvement./Agroweb.org